Friday, May 13, 2011

Painting On Water

I admit it made me a little nervous to see Freddie balancing on top of the pool in a final biblical gesture, capping a miraculous four days.  Freddie stood on a ladder, steadied by his brother Eddie, who stood on a wooden plank that rested on two ladders. The whole thing looked mighty precarious. And yet, Freddie and Eddie, Juan and Umberto pulled off the Tan Plan without a single mishap.  Naturally, I'm mystified.  The SJG goes through life anticipating aggravation, so the fact that I never had to yell or channel my inner-bitchiness, which resides right there on the surface for easy access, remains a total keppy-scratcher.  Does this mean I'm overdue for an extra helping of tsouris in the near-future?  We shall see.  Not to worry, though.  I can handle it.  When it comes to disaster preparedness, I'm a Girl Scout with a freezer full of Thin Mints.  I'll be just fine.  In the meantime, I'll enjoy my delirium, fueled by leftover paint fumes and homeowner relief that it's over.  

1 comment: