Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Please Don't Question My Logic

Bugler
In looking back over the massive ouevre of silly blogs the SJG has amassed, the thousands, you heard me, thousands of thoughts I've posted for fun, not to mention, to justify my own existence -- Hello world?  This is me, a Short Jew in Sherman Oaks.  Is anyone out there listening? -- I realize, humbly, for this is a time for humility and different sizes of Spanx, depending on how much I overeat, there are certain topics I revisit over and over.  And over.  Thank you for not throwing that in my face, kind peeps, on a daily basis.  I've always liked you the best.  Anywho, according to own obsessive calculations, I've written about the wonders and joys, the magic that is kugel, at least 278 times since I started this blog in 2009.  Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating.  But the fact remains, I'm a kugel worshipper.  And yet, I've only found one word that rhymes perfectly with kugel:  Google.  Today, I've thought of a brand new word that rhymes so beautifully with kugel, I just had to toot about it:  Bugle.  Yes, bugle rhymes with kugel.

Kugeler
Why didn't I think of this before?  Let me consult the assortment of mental health professionals who keep me going, and get back to you.  I can tell you this:  I mention bugle and kugel in the same breath because a bugle originated from animal horns, and a shofar is made of a ram's horn, and tonight is the first night of Rosh Hashanah, and Rosh Hashanah is a time when people eat too much kugel before, during (you never know who's sneaked in a slice in shul) and after the sound of the shofar, and clearly, the shofar is a cousin of the bugle.  Whether the shofar and the bugle are still talking, or whether they're pretending they're not related, I can't tell you.  But there you have it.  The bugle-kugel connection.  Please don't question my logic.  I know exactly what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment