Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Mug Only A Mother Could Love

Today's coffee mug
Every day, a different coffee mug, depending on my mood.  Today, I'm feeling very Mom-ish.  Hence the Mom mug, purchased in the student store of UC Santa Cruz.  Neither son goes there any more, and yet, I'm still a mom, and since this is the only mug in my collection that signifies my long-standing job, it seems fitting, especially this morning. Did I mention I'm feeling very Mom-ish? The maternal engine revved up early, thanks to the live-at-home college son, up at six, spreading his cold germs throughout the house as he prepared to leave for campus. On a Sunday yet.  He's in charge of craft services for a student film.  By this afternoon, all the participants will have caught his cold.  By this evening, I'll have it.  Such is life as a Mom.  Hence the Mom mug, in case I forget the main reason I was put here on this earth. Tomorrow I'll grab the pretty blue mug.  I'll be feeling pretty blue, thanks to the cold I'll have caught from the live-at-home germ spreader. What mug are you using today?

2 comments:

  1. Today my mug's saying is "Everything is possible." Not sure if that's good news or not.

    ReplyDelete