Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Thank You For Noticing

It's true.  Any time something nice happens to a Jew, the worldwide community kvells.  This is especially true in Israel, where the following story made headlines yesterday: "A Jewish American blogger known as the Short Jewish Gal has been named the sexiest woman alive for the second time by Esquire, the men's lifestyle magazine said on Monday." I know, I know.  The honor took me by surprise, too. The first time it happened, I expected it.  But the second time? It feels like bragging. I'm embarrassed by my own fabulousness. Plus, I've already carried the mantle of Sexiest Woman Alive for an entire year. And now, I have to do it again?  I'm exhausted just thinking about it. The tight gowns, the stilettos, the public appearances and ribbon cuttings that go along with the title? I'm not sure I have it in me. I haven't christened a yacht in a while. I hope I remember how.  Not that I'm ungrateful.  I'm plenty grateful. So I'd like to take the time to thank the boys at Esquire for giving me a shout-out, yet again, and for overlooking a few flaws that come with middle-age.  I will do my best, although now and then, I may have to take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment