Thursday, October 24, 2013

Lady of the Canyon

Today I will be a lady of the canyon.  I will run barefoot through the wildflowers and wear silver.  I will play my guitar and sing "Both Sides Now."  I will channel Joni and act bohemian.  I will wear a peasant dress and -- oh, please, no, I won't.  Today I will attempt to act like a lady while schlepping over the canyon, but chances are good that I will express unladylike sentiments as traffic creeps along.  I will curse Beverly Glen, the canyon in question, and wonder why I can't get over the hill between the hours of 9 and 10 a.m. in under an hour.  I will ponder my existence at least three times during my journey and try to hire a helicopter to come swoop me at Mulholland.  I will sit there, bumper to bumper, and feel myself aging rapidly.  Today I will be an impatient lady of the canyon.  Tomorrow I will stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment