Friday, December 6, 2013

Finders Keepers

Oh, delish.  Can you smell that?  The scent of buttery kugel wafting through the air?  We have a winner, my friends. A selfless person, a natural-born giver, a people-pleaser since birth, not to mention,  a fine humanitarian, took time out of a jam-packed day of pacing and hand-wringing, to locate the elusive, threadbare-yet-beloved, old nightgown that went missing. And for that heartfelt effort, a slice of kugel, maybe two, depending of this particular mensch's level of will power, which lately, has been teetering toward zero, goes out to the limelight-avoider in question, who wishes to remain anonymous.  Well, good luck with that, honey. This thing is so kvell-worthy, it's about to go public. Get ready to gloat, you good-deed-doer. Hold your applause. Here comes the kugel-recipient right now, ready to collect her prize.  Go on, gal, don't be shy. Say something.

"Wow... I'm so humbled, I'm not sure I can eat this whole kugel by myself, but I'll try. What's that?  I only get a slice? What sort of crap prize is this?  Hang on, you're filming this?  @#$%! Can I get a do-over?  Thanks. Take two... Wow, I'm so glad I was able to find my nightgown all on my own, without help from anyone, not even the unnamed family member who found me weeping in the corner, bereft over the loss of my cozy nightgown, and stepped over me on the way to the bathroom. Really? Is that how you want to roll? What sort of genetic group is this, anyway?  Doesn't anyone care about me? What about my needs, huh? Don't I matter, too?  Is it only about you, you, you? Oh, wait, sorry, can we start over?  This isn't coming out right. Take three... Wow, I'm so glad I took another look in my closet and found my nightgown.  I'm not sure how it wound up crumpled in a ball behind a handbag I haven't used since 2004.  Let's just say, I didn't put it there, okay? Obviously, some a-hole decided to eff with me and play tricks with my mental status, which is shaky at best on a good day, and... Oh, wait.  Let me give this another try.  Take four..."

2 comments:

  1. I kinda half-expected the preceding post was a desperately creative gift hint... you could of tied it into "The Sound of Music" buildup by mentioning Lanz of Austria or humming a bit from "The Hills are alive with the threads of nightgowns... um, maybe not. But congratulations on finding the crumpled remnants... Ya think it might have been a conscious attempt to encourage an eveningwear update?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly. I still not over how bad "Sound of Music Live" was.

    ReplyDelete