Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Hi, Santa, It's Me, The SJG

Gee, Santa, that hurts my feelings.
Dear Santa,
Hi, it's me, the SJG. I'm living in Sherman Oaks now. When we first met, I had a Beverly Hills zip code. Those were the days, eh, Santa? I was living the good life up there at the tippy top of Beverly Drive, communing with the lizards and a bunch of shrubbery and trees that made me sneeze my little tush off. I think I asked you for a Barbie Dream House, not an endless supply of Kleenex. But listen, Santa, it's okay. Everyone makes mistakes. I am not bitter. Well, maybe a little. But enough about me, Santa. Do me a favor, would ya? Travel safely around the globe. I worry about you, Santa, schlepping around in that open sleigh, with only some red-nosed reindeer to guide you.  That sounds pretty dicey to me, big guy.  It must get chilly up there, too. Make sure you bring a sweater, and maybe some Advil. God forbid you get a headache or altitude sickness. I know, most people write to you and ask for something. But I gave up after someone in my house mentioned we were Jewish, and told me to stop writing to you. That was a buzz kill, Santa. I'm still not over it.  In fact, I've changed my mind. I would like to ask you for something, if it's not too much trouble. I'd like a gift certificate. Westfield. Visa. American Express. At this point, I'm not that picky. The amount is up to you, of course. $75 dollars worth of calm would be terrific, but I'll settle for $50.
xo The SJG

No comments:

Post a Comment