Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sleepless In Sherman Oaks

And this relates to today's blog how?

Dear SJG,
Someone I know and love Ubered home at 2 a.m. this morning. I would have felt better if she'd Schlepped. A good Jewish mama at 2 a.m.! A nice friendly lecture! That would've given her pause. Why didn't you pick her up? I was counting on you.
Just wondering,
Sleepless in Sherman Oaks

Dear Sleepless,
If you're trying to guilt me, forget it. My PGD (Personal Guilt Detector) is on the fritz. Try back after the 1st. I should be up and running by then.
You're welcome,
SJG

P.S. Schlepping is non-denominational and like all Yiddish words, can be spelled one of two ways. With a "c," without a "c." You don't have to know how to spell it or even be a Jew to go out of your way for people who probably won't remember to thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment