Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Moving On

A conversation with the eldest:
"What do you mean you're moving out on Saturday?"
"I'm not sure how I can make it any clearer, Mother."
"Try."
"Very well. A moving truck will deliver furniture from one location to the other."
"Go on."
"They'll unload the furniture."
"And then what?"
"And then we'll live in the place with the furniture."
"I see. So what you're saying is the men will move the furniture from the storage unit to our house and you'll live here with us."
"No, Mother. That's not what I'm saying."
"Did I miss a step?"
"Yes."
"I see. So what you're saying is I drove you away by being too wonderful."
"No, Mother. You actually played a part in finding the apartment."
"I did what?"
"You spent an entire day Googling apartments till your fingers bled."
"I may have made a suggestion or two. I didn't think you'd take me seriously."

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, don't you just hate it when they do that? Of all the suggestions that you've ever made, why choose that one to listen to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! Why not take the friendly hint about giving me grandchildren before I'm too old and feeble to push the stroller?

    ReplyDelete