Friday, August 7, 2015

Walkability

"Morning, my son. How was the walkability from the guest bedroom to the downstairs kitchen?"
"I'd give it a score of 62, Mother."
"Please, call me Mumsy. Why such a low score? Are you trying to hurt me?"
"Never, Mumsy. But there were a few dangerous and deadly obstacles in my path. Hence, the sub-par score."
"Heavens to Betsy. What obstacles?"
"Let's start with the lamp, the paintings, the autographed Lakers basketball encased in Lucite, the fourteens boxes and the piles of shoes I nearly tripped over in the hallway."
"Well, don't toot in your knickers, child. All that clutter shall be gone soon."
"Do tell, Mumsy. How soon?"
"When the Singing Dry Wallers are done."
"Why must they sing so loud, Mumsy?"
"Ask them."
"Look at the time. I must away to work, Mumsy."
"By the by, my son, what's the walkability from here to work?"
"Zero."
"Welcome back to L.A."

No comments:

Post a Comment