Thursday, December 3, 2015

Calendar-Challenged

"Calm down, dear. We don't know what day it is, either."

A series of texts, courtesy of the tall and elegant, calendar-challenged Farmgal, a gifted, not to mention, busy actress (kina hora) who resides in NYC, even though she should be back in Sherman Oaks with me:
Monday, November 30
Farmgal: "Will you please send your arrival and departure dates? I know your reading is on Sunday at Six. Will help if I have specific times."
SJG: "I arrive Wednesday, December 9 at 6:40 p.m. I leave Monday, December 14 at 12:25 p.m."
Farmgal: "Great. This gives me something to work with. I WILL see you. I can't be denied."
SJG: "Can. Not. Wait."
Wednesday, December 2
Farmgal: "Good morning, New York-bound girl! They are lighting the tree tonight so traffic coming in will be a mess, but the tree will welcome you. Still wrangling my schedule. So darned excited to see you. Looks like I can make the reading, at least. Love to you."
SJG: "You silly sweet gal - you know I'm not coming in this week!!? It's next week - December 9. The reading is December 13!!! Just clarifying in case of confusion."
Farmgal: "Holy crap!!!! You just made my day, my week, my everything! I can see you lots. Oh, I am so happy. I was out of my mind about this. Now all is right with the world. Whew!"
SJG: "Oh my God! I'm so glad we cleared that up. Fantastic news for this lil Jew. The world is lit up like a tannenbaum."
Farmgal: "I am so sorry. So much going on, I got confused. See you NEXT week."
SJG: "Not if I see you first."

No comments:

Post a Comment