Thursday, December 10, 2015

Pretty Pictures

Crowned by Bergdorf Goodman

"Welcome to my airplane." "Thank you. It's a very nice plane," I said in my perky voice, buttering up the flight attendant who claimed ownership. I wanted to start off right this time. No pushy orange juice requests. No requests, period. My comment got a chuckle from Nigel Lythgoe ("American Idol" executive producer/"So You Think You Can Dance?" judge), parked in the luxurious first row of the Fancy People section. Yes, I was tempted to either sing, dance or do some theatrical combination thereof, but held back. Aren't you proud of me? You should be. I showed considerable restraint, a rare move for the SJG. After a bumpy yet incident-free flight, during which I asked nothing of anyone, and got bupkis in return, here I am in NYC, and what could be better than strolling the city at night, taking in the stunning Hanukkah windows at Bergdorf Goodman, fashioned from Swarovski crystals and other sparkly tchotchkes? What's that? They're Christmas windows? To you, Christmas. To me, Hanukkah. Either way, the message is the same: "Come inside, spend money, then leave."


Luck be a monkey tonight. Who knew an adorable fuzzy primate could tell fortunes? This window right here is all the proof I need.


Draped in amethyst jewels with a chandelier overhead at all times. My new look for 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment