Monday, February 22, 2016

My New Go-To Expression

"Golly gumdrops!"

It's true, the SJG has a bit of a potty mouth. What's that? "A bit" is putting it mildly? Fine. The SJG swears like a sailor. It's part of my charm. Ask anyone. But after watching the second-to-last eppy of "Downton Abbey" -- oh, for @#$%'s sake, don't sh*t yourself, no spoilers here -- I've decided to rid myself of such inappropriate language. I shall now emulate Lord Grantham, a classy gent stuck in the past, but then, who isn't? So, from now on, whenever something of worth happens that requires a reaction, I shall say, "Golly gumdrops!" As opposed to my standard, "Holy eff'n sh*t!" I just think "Golly gumdrops!" sounds better, don't you? Of course you do. When am I ever wrong? 

3 comments:

  1. Excellent! I've also decided to use a compliment thrown to Edith about a new hair style during season 1 of Downton Abbey, "Have you done something jolly with your hair?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I love that too. Let's just be British 24/7, shall we?

    ReplyDelete