Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Open & Shut Case

"Morning, honey."
"Morning. Someone left the garage door open all night."
"I closed it when I came home."
"It was open this morning."
"I'm positive I closed it. I turned the alarm on, too. Why did the alarm go on with the garage door open? It makes no sense."
"Don't worry about it."
"So what you're saying is, I've lost my mind."
"I didn't say that."
"My brain is mush."
"It isn't."
"I left the garage door open all @#$%'n night."
"I'm sorry I mentioned it."
"I wonder what I'll leave open today."
"I'm going upstairs to shower."
"Maybe I'll leave the fridge open, so that everything can spoil."
"Forget I said anything."
"Maybe I'll leave the front door open, so the men in white coats can come and take me away. I'll say, 'Hi, boys, I'll be right with you. Make yourselves at home. There's some coffee and cake in the kitchen.' "
"I'm closing the shower door now."
"Sure, close it. Then I'll open it and flood the bathroom."
"There's a mop in the garage."
"Oh, good. I'll get the mop and leave the garage door open."
"Sounds like a plan."

No comments:

Post a Comment