Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cake!

At the celebration of my mother-in-law's 80th birthday, a festive discussion about cake:
Hubby's Aunt:  "Carol, this cake is delicious."
Me:  "I'm so glad you like it."
Hubby's aunt:  "What kind is it?"
Me:  "Mocha."
Hubby's Aunt:  "It's not mocha.  It's whip cream."
Birthday Gal:  "It's mocha whip cream." 
Hubby's Aunt:  "I doesn't taste like mocha.  It tastes like whip cream."
Scotty:  "Can I have another slice?"
Billy:  "Me, too."
Hubby's Aunt:  "Where'd you get the cake?"
Me:  "Gelson's."
Hubby's Aunt:  "I don't usually like cake.  But this is delicious."
Me:  "Remember at our one year anniversary, when we ate the top tier of our wedding cake?"
Hubby:  "It still tasted great."
Billy:  "You ate year-old cake?"
Birthday Gal:  "It's tradition."
Hubby's Aunt:  "What kind of cake was it?"
Me:  "Carrot cake.  Very big in the '80s."
Father-in-law:  "I still have the cake from my circumcision."

2 comments:

  1. Hope you saved some for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A slice of Skip's briss cake? Coming right up. It's a little stale.

    ReplyDelete