Friday, August 3, 2012

Daytime Schlepwear

The SJG doesn't need a mat to nap
Today my close friend and fellow dog walker Cheryl sent me an item on daytime sleepwear: the greatest idea ever.  Why not go to sleep in your nightgown that looks like an actual dress, and wear it throughout the day, then wear it to bed again?  Sorry.  The SJG thinks this is the worst idea ever.  I'm far too lazy to wear a chic  nightgown/daygown combo.  I prefer to look rumpled  as I schlep through my day, changing outfits according to my whims.  My in-house schlepwear is seasonal, of course.  In the summer, I wear old comfy Nike shorts, in case I need to run a marathon at a moment's notice. When I go outside on one of my various exciting errands, I wear slightly newer Nike shorts, in case I need to chase someone in the market.  "That's my marble rye!"  In chillier times, I wear old sweatpants indoors, and old jeans when I go outside.  I'm sure you're thinking my indoor schlepwear and my outdoor schlepwear sound awfully similar.  You are correct.  But here's the point, if there is one, yes, of course there is, be patient, it's coming.  The SJG doesn't need a transitional nightie to take a daytime snooze.  I don't need an outfit to nod off, unexpectedly.  I don't need a bed.  I can sit at the computer and suddenly doze off, mid-sentence, mid-afternoon, until my head jerks forward or backward and the whiplash wakes me up.  In this way, I'm disturbingly middle-aged, and always dressed appropriately for the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment