Sunday, August 12, 2012

Can This Marriage Be Saved?

The SJG was so happy to get out of Sherman Oaks last night, I would've seen any movie playing in Santa Monica.  It was so lovely to see the ocean, and sit in an icy cool theater alongside hubby and my cuzzy and his gorgeous wife, the gal I call Lil Sis, even though she's from a whole other gene pool, and to later dine al fresco, that you could have shown me "The True Story of Rice" and I would've been giddy.  The movie we saw:  "Hope Springs."  Alternate title:  "Old Farts Stuck In A Stale Marriage." Meryl Streep wears some of her frumpiest clothes to date.  Tony Lee Jones brings craggy to a new level.  She wants more.  He wants less.  She wants couples counseling.  He wants to watch golf.  They sleep separately.  They never touch.  Oy gevalt.  Can this marriage be saved?  I won't give it away, but you may be able to guess on your own.  All in all, a nice film with a powerful message: Go home and have sex, already!

1 comment:

  1. Meryl was asked to describe Tommy Lee Jones...
    "Fifty Shades of Grumpy"

    ReplyDelete