Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pause Me

Sometimes starring at myself in the mirror during dance class can be a little unsettling.  It's not just the self critique of, "Aw, I see where those cookies went," that gets me.  That part, I can handle. I've had this body for a while now.  It is what it is.  Am I right, gals?  It's the eye contact with my inner self I find challenging.   There I am, with all my mishegas.  And just like that, a familiar soundtrack starts to play:  "What-if-why-did-how-come-blah-blah."  So, this morning, I'm heading on over to Pep Boys to have a pause button permanently installed over my pupik.  Whenever my mind starts to wander into dangerous territory, I will press my belly button and put myself on pause.  I wished I'd thought of this sooner, because I think it's genius, but I didn't.  I was too busy composing my greatest hits. 

6 comments:

  1. My pause button is on the shelf marked vodka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pep Boys? Really? No need for an auto accessory when you have virtual pause buttons available that are far more effective than your remote control garage door opener. Why not a pair of designer virtual reality glasses that sense your mood and "correct" your vision... coming soon to a Best Buy near you as an app on your 2012 Dick Tracy watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a Pep Boys. Let me know if they also have rewind buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys, I think we need to start our own store with Psychology Spare Parts for every occasion.

    ReplyDelete