Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Gimme An "L"

Not an "E"
Why do people want to put an "e" on the end of my first name?  Why, I ask you, why?   Must I make up a song about it?  I thought you'd never ask.

I'm Carol with an L, not Carole with an E
Subtract that letter, if you wanna get with me
Why you put an E where an E don't need to be?
I'm Carol with an L, not Carole with an E

Oh fine, we can't all be Carole King.  Tell that to my brother John.  In an email, he referred to me, his longtime sister, his only sister, as Carole.  Carole with an E!  Naturally, I was offended, outraged, mortified and appalled by his careless, hurtful neglect.  After everything I've done for him!  It was a slap in the face, a kick in the tush.  What else could I do but respond in a cutting, unsisterly way? "How could you? How?  Could?  You?" His response, I must tell you, was a little weak:  "That was auto spell check. Whoops." "Don't let it happen again, Jon," I replied, "or I will take legal action." Important to threaten the ones you love every now and then, don't you agree? Keeps them in their place.

No comments:

Post a Comment