Tuesday, February 11, 2014

For The Man Who Has Everything

Hubby's birthday is today.  What to get him?  What?  What?  A nice sweater? A nice shirt?  That was so last year. And, come to think of it, the year before. This year, I went rogue.  Yep, I decided to up my gift-giving game. "Close your eyes, honey.  No peeking," I said, walking him over to see his big birthday surprise:  A nice new wall.  A nice new concrete slab.  "It's wonderful," he said, wiping away tears of gratitude. "I thought you'd like it."  "There's just one thing."  "If it doesn't fit, I'll get you another size."  "No, it fits."  "So, what's the problem?"  "It's not finished yet." "It's a work in progress, honey.  Much like life itself." "That's deep." "Tell me something I don't know."  Happy birthday to the man of my dreams.  And please, hubby, use your partially-finished wall and floor in the best of health.  Kina hora, poo poo poo.

No comments:

Post a Comment