Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Any Changes?

"Any changes?"
"In terms of -- ?"
"Your breasts."
"Gee, that's a little personal, don't you think?"
"Well, you are having a mammogram. "
"I know, I know. But couldn't you finesse it a bit? Work up to it, not just come right out and ask about my boobies? Like, you could say, 'What a cute top. Any changes going on under there?' And then I'd say, 'No, everything's good, kina hora... poo poo poo."
"Helpful, thanks. Any other changes?"
"In terms of --?"
"Insurance."
"Same."
"Address?"
"Same."
"Religious affiliation?"
"Are you allowed to ask that?"
"I just thought I'd throw it in there."
"Still Jewish. Very, very Jewish."
"Any other changes?"
"In terms of -- ?"
"Grandchildren?"
"No."
"Weddings?"
"No."
"Domestic upgrades?"
"Funny you should ask. My patio is currently in the middle of something."
"I'll make a note of it on your chart. Now, sit down and wait till your name is called."
"That last part needs work."
"You're invited to sit down and enjoy one of our magazines from 2010."
"Better."

No comments:

Post a Comment