Thursday, August 28, 2014

That's Nice

Rehearsing the first dance
Who doesn't love a good wedding? It's like saying you don't love love. Who doesn't love love? Personally, I'm a big fan of love. I'm all about the love. So when I found out this morning that a certain globe-trotting couple got hitched, I smiled. I couldn't wait to share the news with hubby.  "Guess who got married?" Without missing a beat, he said, "Jennifer Aniston?" Hubby knows I'm on Team Jennifer. I just love her. I'm more invested in her happiness than those other two. I'm happy when Jen's happy. In this way, I'm a little bit confused about boundaries and my own version of reality, but who isn't? I don't have to defend why I love Jennifer Aniston. Or why I gave a shrug when my close friends on the Today Show told me, "Brad and Angie got married over the weekend in France." Post-smile, I thought, "A big deal. If you've got money, you can travel." Well, that's not very generous, is it? But seriously, 10 years and six kids later, it's nice that they made it official. But I'm on Team Jennifer. So if and when Jennifer gets hitched to Justin, I'll be happier for them. I can't help it. I'm a little bit loyal, even to the famous folks who aren't that invested in my happiness. I'm a natural-born giver. I give and I give. It's all in the SJG Once-A-Day DNA, still awaiting FDA approval.
Not in attendance

No comments:

Post a Comment