Sunday, August 24, 2014

Gush

CJ Jacobson, a very, very tall chef, went a little crazy when
he met me last night at Girasol, his Studio City restaurant.
"Are you who I think you are?"
"Who do you think I am?"
"The SJG."
"Guilty as charged."
"I love you, SJG."
"I love you, CJ."
"You know I'm here, right?"
"Hush, hubby. CJ and I are having a moment."
"I've read about your signature SJG kugel. I've dreamed about your SJG kugel. And now, here you are, in my humble restaurant in Studio City."
"It must be bashert."
"Excuse me?"
"Meant to be."
"I'll share my recipe for fava bean puree if you'll share your recipe for kugel."
"You first."
"Mine has fava beans."
"And a nice Chianti?"
"Hush, hubby.  Mine has cottage cheese."
"I'd kill for a slice."
"Maybe I'll drop by later with a casserole full."
"I'd like that."
"Uh, still here."
"Hush, hubby.  CJ and I are making plans for a rendezvous."

No comments:

Post a Comment