Saturday, August 9, 2014

Because, Because, Because...


... Because it's the 75th anniversary of "The Wizard of Oz..."


Cathy and I followed the red brick road....

.
.. to hear this gal right here sing "Over the Rainbow."


Along the way, we bumped into another SJG:  Alice Lieberman, Dallas-born and spunky as hell.  The two SJGs spoke a bissel Yiddish, we kvetched a bit, and Alice taught me some fab new expressions, courtesy of the Lone Star State:  "Shoot it, bag it, dress it, eat it."
And my personal favorite:  "... Since dirt was new and God was in shorts."  We also did a height comparison.  At 5'1" and change, I tower over her.  It's so nice to be the tall one.

2 comments:

  1. SJG, I loved meeting you. And so fabulous to see another tribal peep on the prairie! No matter how short I get, you will always be THE SJG to me. By the way, I got a new color in my hair-Red Hot Chili Pepper!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So great to meet you Alice! Look me up next time you're in Los Angeles xo

      Delete