Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Other One

The other Mrs. Carol
"Mrs. Carol?"
"Hi, Juan."
"I called you this morning."
"You did?"
"I left you a message, I said I wasn't coming, but I found out I didn't call you. I called the other Mrs. Carol."
"Wait, what? There's another one?"
"Yes. The other Mrs. Carol called me just now and said Juan, why did you call me, and then I realized I didn't call you, I called the other Mrs. Carol."
"Oh, Juan. I'm so confused. Are you still coming today, or not?"
"No. That's why I called you before, to let you know I wasn't coming, and then I found out I called the other Mrs. Carol and --"
"I get it, Juan. You'd rather see the other Mrs. Carol today."
"No, I'm not doing any work for her."
"Ha!  A likely story. Just admit it, Juan. You like the other Mrs. Carol better."
"No, no. I called to tell you --"
"You like Mrs. Carol's patio more."
"No, I like your patio, too, Mrs. Carol."
"Forgive me, Juan.  I'm a little thrown by the call.  I was looking forward to seeing you today."
"I'm not coming today."
"I never knew you could be so cruel, Juan. My patio needs you."
"I'll stop by tomorrow."
"Don't toy with my affections.  I'm fragile."
"I'll see you tomorrow, Mrs. Carol."
"Will you, Juan?  Will you, really?"
"Yes, Mrs. Carol."
"Till tomorrow then, Juan."
"Adios."
"Shalom, Juan. I'll be waiting outside for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment