Sunday, August 10, 2014

In Pursuit of Barbecue

"Oh, no.  Oklahoma Joe's is closed."
 "What are you telling me, Cathy?
"How can Oklahoma Joe's be closed?  Sunday is barbecue day."
"Check again."
"Closed on Sunday."
"@#$%!"
"Anthony Bourdain said it's one of the top 13 places to eat before you die."
"Stop."
"USA Today, New York Times and the Denver Post said it's the best barbecue in America."
"I wonder if I can get a flight out today."
"I'd make the smoked chicken salad my execution meal."
"Who said that?"
"Me."
"I'm going upstairs to pack."
"At least you'll avoid the long line.  It's 45 minutes just to place your order."
"Oh, eff that."
"Hang on.  We could go to Jack Stack's."
"For pancakes?"
"For barbecue."
"Sell me."
"It's Number 2.  And you don't have to wait in line, which you're too intolerant to do, anyway."
"You got that right, sistah."
"You still want that ride to the airport?"
"Not till tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment