Sunday, September 27, 2015

Never Lie To A Jewish Mother

Henry Goldberg invited his very traditional mother Freda over for dinner. During the course of the meal, Freda couldn't help but keep noticing how beautiful Henry's "platonic" roommate, Debbie, was. Freda had long been suspicious of a relationship between Henry and Debbie and this had only made her more curious. Over the course of the evening, while watching the two react, Freda started to wonder if there was more between Henry and Debbie than met the eye. Reading his mom's thoughts, Henry said, "I know what you must be thinking, Mom, but I assure you Debbie and I are just roommates." About a week later, Debbie said to Henry, "Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the beautiful silver soup ladle. You don't suppose she took it, do you?" Henry replied "Well, I doubt it, but I'll write her a letter just to be sure." So he sat down and wrote: 

Dear Mother, 

I'm not saying that you "did" take the soup ladle from the house, I'm not saying that you "did not" take the soup ladle. But the fact remains that one has been missing ever since you were here for dinner. 
Love,
Henry 

Several days later, Henry received a letter from his mother, which read: 

Dear Son, 
I'm not saying that you "do" sleep with Debbie, and I'm not saying that you "do not" sleep with Debbie. But the fact remains that if she were sleeping in her own bed, she would have found the soup  ladle by now. 
Love,
Mom 
http://www.awordinyoureye.com

No comments:

Post a Comment