Sunday, September 20, 2015

Pardon My Segue

On a walk with hubby and the Eccentric Elderly Pup, a young man with braided hair rolls by on a two-wheel-motorized thingie, while his cute little dog runs to keep up.
"Honey, look. He's filming himself."
"He needs to capture the moment."
"I'm embarrassed on his behalf."
"Don't be. He thinks he's cool."
The hoverboard
"What the hell is that thing he's on?"
"Looks like a smaller version of that other thing... with the big wheels."
"And the goofy handles."
"The guy who invented it died while riding it."
"No, he didn't. Everyone thought he did."
"Someone died who was connected with it."
"What the hell is it called?"
"The um.. "
"The uh... the Sega?"
"The Sega."
 "Wait. Sego."
"The Sego?"
"I think so. Maybe not."
When we get home, I grab my smarty-pants phone:
"SEGWAY, honey."
"Segway, right."
"And the inventor didn't die. He's American. The British guy who bought the company died riding on it."
"I knew someone died."
"You were right."
"I remember the important stuff."
"Yes, you do."

No comments:

Post a Comment