Monday, September 28, 2015

So I'll Wait

See you next time. Maybe.

Super Blood Moon Eclipse? Where? We went outside. We looked. In the backyard. In the front. Nothing. A big fat cloud cover? Yes. There was plenty of that. A Super Blood Moon Eclipse? Not so much. So we waited. We checked again. In the backyard. In the front. Nothing. I took it personally, of course. I felt cheated. I felt robbed. I wanted to see that bloody moon, big and ominous in the night sky. Instead, I got bupkis. I wasn't the only one. The local peeps didn't see it, either. Unless they went up to Griffith Park. The Observatory bought the rights to the Super Blood Moon Eclipse. If you shlepped up there, you got to see it. They owned it for the night. But hey, these things happen, these non-events. So I'll sit tight. I'll wait. Just another 18 years for the next Super Blood Moon Eclipse. In 2033, when I'm 75, God willing, I'll crane my neck skywards and see the big eppes eclipse of the Super Blood Moon. Unless it's a cloudy night. Then I'll see nothing. So I'll wait for the next one. I'm very patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment