Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Evidence Is In

The evidence is in. The way to be happy is to do the exact opposite of what I do. Follow these simple rules and you're good. Do what I do (overthink, obsess, linger in the past, rinse and repeat) and you may as well pack it in. But as long as you don't let your mind wander into dark terrain; as long as you don't dwell on the negative (this sucks, that sucks, what doesn't suck?); as long as you contemplate your pipik for five to ten minutes daily (breathe out, breathe in, ommmmm); as long as you don't multi-task (kibbitz, text, polka, reupholster, juggle, simultaneously) you'll be so much happier than the SJG. So listen to me, peeps. Live in the moment. Stay put. Don't trespass. Don't mosey off into your unhappy place. Don't do what I do. Do the exact opposite, and you'll be fine.

4 comments:

  1. Long before Maharishis were dispensing mantras and Mindfulness became the replacement for Welbutrin, we Jews were contemplating our pipiks (or pupiks, as we of the Galicianer persuasion were wont to call our inner/outer naval). It is good to know that there are still transcendental pipik/pupik thinkers like you to inspire us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joel! You say pupil, I say pupil. Let's not overthink it xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hell! Spellcheck changed pipik and pupik to pupil! Those bastards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to stay in my happy place. Unfortunately, my happy place is about a foot and a half in diameter and is perched atop of a mile high pinnacle. Still, the view's nice.

    ReplyDelete