Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Still Spinning

The call came in around 5 p.m. The news? Unexpected. Not to mention, disturbing:
"So we're not getting the Samsung, after all," hubby said, choking back tears.
"What? I don't understand. We're not getting the Samsung?"
"No, we're not."
"Why? Why? Why?"
"Because... hang on, let me collect myself."
"Take your time, honey. I know how emotional you get over appliances."
"Because the @#$%'n Samsungs aren't even available."
"Are you saying -- ?"
"Yes, I am."
"Best Buy lied to us?"
"They don't even have them in stock."
"Those bastards."
"So we're going another way."
"What way are we going, my love?"
"We're going with another Maytag."
"But... but..."
"I know, I know."
"Aren't they back-ordered?"
"They are."
"Oh dear God, why are we being tested? We're good people, more or less."
"It's a conspiracy."
"I'm not sure how much longer I can spin this topic."
"If anyone can do it, you can."
"Thank you, honey. That means a lot."
"So you're okay with the back-ordered Maytag?"
"Not really. But what choice do I have?"
"None."
"Then I'm good. I've always wanted a new Maytag for Hanukkah."
"You're welcome."

No comments:

Post a Comment