Tuesday, January 29, 2019

A View From My Fence...

... or what's left of it.

Seriously? That was pretty much all I could say when I got home from my womanly workout at Schvitz! During my hour-and-a-half absence, the house behind our palatial estate was demolished. All the trees that intermingled with our trees, all the enabling branches that kept our rotting fence upright, were adiosed. What sort of fresh suburban hell was this? I switched into panic mode and rang longtime hubby at work.
"Oy vey, honey."
"What?"
"That house behind us is gone."
"It was there this morning."
"It isn't there now and the fence is taking it badly."
"How badly?"
"There are big-ass gaps where there shouldn't be gaps, loose planks. It's leaning over. It's not good, honey." 
"I'm coming home."
"Don't come home."
"Is there a foreman?"
"There's a guy with an orange hat."
"Go talk to him and ask what's going on."
"I just told you what's going on." 
"I'm getting in the car."
"Don't get in the car."
"I need to secure the border wall."
"Will this involve a government shutdown?"
"No, just a number of trips to Home Depot."
This morning's view from my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment