Monday, January 14, 2019

Happy Dress Up Your Pet Day

Taken without Sir Blakey's permission.
(He may have been asleep.)
And now, I offer you this pet-related joke, 
in hopes it should make you giggle:

Why so cavalier?

One day while out walking, Max sees a sign in front of a house, "Talking Dog for Sale." He’s curious so he rings the bell. The owner tells Max the dog’s name is Cindy. He takes Max to the backyard, where a cavalier King Charles spaniel is just sitting there.
"Do you really talk?" Max asks Cindy.
"Yes, of course I do," Cindy says.
"So what can you tell me about yourself?"
Cindy looks up at Max and says, "I discovered this special gift of speech when I was young and since I’ve always wanted to help my country, I told the FBI about it. In no time, they had me flying all over the world, sitting in rooms not only with world leaders, but also spies. No one figured a dog could be eavesdropping, so I was their most valuable spy. But all the jetting around really tired me out. I wasn't getting any younger and I wanted to settle down. So I resigned and signed up for a job at JFK to do some undercover security work, mostly wandering near suspicious people and listening in on their conversations. As a result, I uncovered some incredible plots and deals and received seven doggie awards. I had a husband and many puppies. Now, I'm retired."
Max is amazed and asks the owner how much he wants for Cindy.
The owner says, "Twenty bucks."
Max says, "This dog is amazing. Why on earth are you selling her so cheap?"
The owner says, "Because Cindy is a liar - she didn't do any of the things she told you."

http://awordinyoureye.com

No comments:

Post a Comment