Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Closure

"Honey, I have something to tell you."
"Worse than the expired cream cheese?"
"Much worse."
"Okay, lay it on me."
"Should I break it to you, gently?"
"No. Just rip off the bandaid."
"Your favorite store in the universe is closing."
"BevMo?"
"No."
"Costco?"
"No."
"Pep Boys?"
"No."
"So it's not really my favorite store in the universe."
"Trust me, you love this place. You're there every weekend."
"Oh no...."
"Yes."
"You mean -- "
"Afraid so."
"OSH!?"
"Gone too soon."
"That's horrible."
"I wanted to be the one to tell you before you heard it on the news."
"Thank you. That was very thoughtful."
"Hang on, where are you going?"
"OSH."
"Why now?"
"I better get over there and pay my respects."
"And take advantage of the huge sale?"
"That, too."
"Can I come? I've always loved their plants."
"Sure."
"We'll pick up a nice coffee cake on the way."
"A coffee cake?"
"You can't make a condolence call without a coffee cake."
"I'll back up the car."

No comments:

Post a Comment