Friday, August 10, 2018

You Can Go Home Again

My childhood home
Whether or not you're a fan of her blogs or her tv movies ("Spring Fling!" anyone? "When Sparks Fly"?), her mishpocha, or her royal rescue pup, it can't have been a shock to learn that the Short Jewish Gal's childhood home has just opened as a museum in West Los Angeles. The grand unveiling came as the SJG turned 60 and a half. The home is in the quaint village of Westwood, near the city of Kvetch, and contains her childhood bed, a five-speed bike (why her parents wouldn't get her a 10-speed, no one knows), and the wicker chair where she used to sit and write bad poetry in the style of Sylvia Plath. "I'm especially proud of my old bed, which I fell out of at the age of three and broke my collarbone," said the self-appointed director of the SJG Museum. Admission is free.  Donations welcome. Viewings: by appointment only. Please don't disturb the current homeowners.

No comments:

Post a Comment