Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Dress Up A Broom

Occasionally, the SJG stumbles upon some Jewish proverbs I've never heard before, and when this happens, I do a short interpretative dance. Unless I'm a little tired. A certain royal rescue pup woke me up way too early this morning with his melodic barking. I share these wise words with you now, free of charge, mainly because I'm exhausted and can't be held responsible for whatever pours out of my keppy. 
Ask about your neighbors, then buy the house.
Don't live in a town where there are no doctors.
If the rich could hire the poor to die for them, the poor would make a very nice living. 
He has more in his head than in his pocket.
Rejoice not at thine enemy's fall - but don't rush to pick him up either.
Worries go down better with soup than without.
You can't sit on two horses with one behind.
They are both in love: he with himself and she with herself.
With horses you check the teeth; with a human you check the brains.
The hat is fine but the head is too small.
He's meditating on whether a flea has a belly-button.
All is not butter that comes from a cow.
If he were twice as smart, he'd be an idiot.
If a girl can't dance, she says the musicians can't play.
Even a bear can be taught to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment