Friday, August 24, 2018

Top Secret Mission By Way of Jersey

On our way to see "Crazy Rich Asians," so much fun, buy yourself a ticket, or don't, it's really up to you, we popped into Jersey Mike's on a top secret mission.
"We'll have a turkey wrap," I whispered, "cut in half."
Longtime hubby looked over his shoulder, making sure the coast was clear. "It's got to fit in her handbag."
"Headed to the ArcLight?" the Jersey Mike's sub-maker asked.
Already our cover was blown. "Not so loud, you," I scolded. "We don't want to get thrown in movie jail for sneaking in outside merch."
"Honey mustard?"
"Fine. And throw in some provolone."
"And avocado."
"That's extra."
"We're good for it," longtime hubby said.
Here the nicer of the two, the Jersey Mike's cashier, weighed in, reassuringly. "No one ever gets caught smuggling in a sandwich."
"Can we have that in writing," my first husband asked.
The cash guy grinned. "So, what are you seeing?"
"Crazy Rich Asians."
"Is this a big day for you?"
"Yes! How can you tell?"
"Just a vibe I'm getting."
"It's our anniversary."
"Sweet."
"Wanna guess which one?" I asked.
"He'll never guess right."
The cash guy studied us, looking at me, looking at hubby, then me, then hubby and gave it his best shot. "45th?"
"What?!"
He tried again. "40th?"
The man I said I do to put him out of his misery. "It's our 38th."
"We're not that old, for @#$%'s sake," I added.
"High school lovers, huh?"
Here I blushed. "Maybe."
"Cool. Enjoy the movie. And the turkey wrap."
"Thanks," I said, slipping the goods in my handbag.
Mission accomplished

I took a step, then looked back at the cashier. "45th?!"
"In seven more years," hubby said.
"Kina hora, poo poo poo."

No comments:

Post a Comment