Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Barbie: Lifesize SJG Edition

Casual SJG Barbie!

The discovery of a full-on Barbie Expo in Montreal (at a shopping center yet!) transported your humble blogger into Total Nirvana. As I've told you 82 times, the SJG adored playing with Barbies as a child. My only two regrets in life: Trading in the Original Barbie for one with bendable legs, and giving away my entire collection when I got "too old." What was I thinking? Beats the kaka out of me. So, to stumble upon the most extraordinary display of Dior, Armani and other fashionista Barbies spanning decades and defining The Evolution of Fashion, well, I was over the moon. It was one small Barbie step for me, one giant leap for Barbie-kind. (See what I did there?)

Goddess of Spring, Night on the Town



Antique Rose, Dior Barbie


Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Barbra Streisand

Cher, Liz Taylor as Cleopatra 

Tomorrow: Thierry Mugler and beyond

No comments:

Post a Comment