Saturday, July 7, 2012

Party Central

Let's party before you poop out and need a nap
Tonight the home of the SJG transforms into Party Central.  Beer, wine.  Fried chicken made by someone else.  Pasta salad.  Other things.  And, of course, it goes without saying, but I'm going to say it anyway, Birthday Cake.  Someone in my family is turning 60.  Thank God it isn't me.  I'm not ready to be 60, not when on the maturity scale, I still feel 14.  By the time I turn 60, I'll be in my early 20s.  The someone turning 60 is my brother Peter, the North Carolinian, who decided he wanted to celebrate this important milestone here, as opposed to muggy, sticky there.  "Maybe you'll throw me a party," he said, a few months back.  Subtle, yet direct.  "Maybe I will," I said.  Well, there's no maybe about it.  The party is tonight.  Just family and a few close friends.  At the last count, we were up to 17.  "Stop inviting people," I told him, in my warm, sisterly way.  The SJG can only handle so many revelers at once.

2 comments:

  1. Be very worried about the multiplier. Katie invited 10 of her closest friends for BBQ and fireworks and they brought along 15 of their closest friends. Fun but frenzied... funny how the tequila and beer ran out and the hot dogs and potato salad didn't... I'll never get provisioning for 21 year olds right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man. I thought I'd miscalculated too!

    ReplyDelete