Thursday, August 22, 2013

It's All In The Details

Don't tell hubby, but I'm planning a surprise recreation of our wedding, 33 years ago tomorrow.  I still have a few details to work out.  I need a bearded rabbi who looks like he stepped out of Central Casting.  I need the backyard of a famous movie director.  I need a chuppah that threatens to fall over during the ceremony.  I need two authentic totem polls.  I need the swimming pool of a famous movie director, so that later, when everyone's more than a little schnockered, we can dance the hora around it in celebration.  I need two body guards to guard the table full of nice gifts, most of which I probably won't return, but please, people, no popcorn makers, no yogurt makers, no peanut butter makers, nothing that makes anything.  I need a Dorothy Hamill haircut.  I need the body of a 22 year old.  I need hubby standing beside me in a beige tuxedo.   I need the same guests who were there 33 years ago, especially those who'd have trouble mailing back the RSVP:  My mother.  My cousin.  My grandmother.  Hubby's grandparents, even the one who drank too much and had to be carried out of the party.  Don't tell hubby. I still have a few details to work out.

6 comments:

  1. Love you Carol....congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, unknown friend. I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where my comment went from yesterday but Happy Anniversary to you and Howie! (I am not Unknown, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unknown kinsie! It's there! Love you too. We are old married women. Oy vey, how did that happen?

    ReplyDelete