Thursday, August 8, 2013

Mirror, Mirror

In honor of the gal who stopped looking at herself in the mirror for an entire year, and went on TV to talk about it, and even wrote a book about it, the SJG will stop looking at other people looking at themselves in the mirror for an entire year.  The challenge begins today, when I visit my favorite beautification spot and get my hairs done, as my grandma used to say.  Looking at other people looking at themselves in the mirror does nothing to boost my self-esteem.  I have enough problems with my flat, baby fine hair.  Looking at other people looking at their thick, lustrous hair will only make me feel bad about the fussy hair on my fussy self.  The same goes for clothes-shopping.  Looking at long-legged gals modeling their skinny jeans in the mirror helps me how?  I'm drawing a blank.  It doesn't help me.  It makes me covet their long legs.  It makes me realize I will never have long legs.  Here's my thinking:  If I don't look at other people looking at themselves in mirrors, if I only look at myself in the mirror, I will learn to ignore my own flaws.  Either that, or my own flaws will be magnified to such an insane degree that I'll have to cover every mirror in black funereal cloth like the gal who stopped looking at herself in the mirror for an entire year, and went on TV to talk about, and even wrote a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment