Thursday, August 15, 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons

.... make something zesty.  When my neighbor/fellow dog walker/confidante Cheryl gives me lemons off her lemon tree, I make lemon spaghetti.  It is so easy, so satisfying, so summery, I'm going to share the recipe with you, courtesy of, who else, Giada D.  You can thank me later.  Or go ahead, and thank me now.  It really depends on how you were raised.

Ingredients
1 pound spaghetti
2/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves

Directions
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the oil, Parmesan, and lemon juice in a large bowl to blend. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce, and the reserved cooking liquid, adding 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment