Thursday, August 29, 2013

Master Texter

A new tradition in the family of the SJG.  We text-watch "Master Chef." The eldest watches in the comfort of his swinging bachelor pad. The SJG watches in the comfort of my cozy 12,000 square foot master bedroom. The youngest sits next to me.  Hubby is downstairs, watching the Watch Channel.  Together, mother and sons watch and text, text and watch "Master Chef." In this way, we bond.  What could be more fun than making fun of struggling, sweaty home chefs?  I'm sure they'd do the same if they ever stepped foot in my kitchen: "The short one is about to overcook that chicken." During last night's two-hour show, the youngest was stuck in class.  He forgot to arrange his schedule around "Master Chef."  Whose fault is that?  Not mine, but somehow I feel responsible.  I should've reminded him.  "Don't have any classes Wednesday night." How selfish of me. Oh, well, I'll feel guilty later. In the meantime, his brother and the SJG engaged in non-sensical, emoticon-fused texting:

"This is gonna be a good 2 hours."
"I am personally jazzed on several levels."
Insert: tiny slices of cake.
"Yummy pastry."
Insert: tiny chocolate bars.
"Restaurant quality."
Insert: idiotic smiley faces.
"Your guess is as good as mine."  - Luca
"Lucaaaaaaaa!"
"Krissi!  That bitch!"
"You can kick me, you can stomp me, you can
beat me with a bat -- but I'm going to keep
getting up and win this competition." - Krissi
"This show should win an Emmy."
"You should win a huggy."
Insert: Deranged smiley faces.
"Vietnamese soup?  Yikes."
"Tasty."
"Where's the salt, Bill?  Where?"
"Lucaaaaaaa!"
"Krissi or Natasha?"
"Nastasha?"
"I'm not here to just look pretty on camera 
and just chop some basil." - Natasha
"Damn.  I think so...."
"@#$%!!!!"
"Booooooooooo!"
"Oh yay!  They faked us out!"
"Best show ever!"
Insert: clapping hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment