Saturday, March 29, 2014

A Big Girl Margarita

Look, I made a new friend.
Well, how selfish of the SJG.  I go away for a few days and L.A. has an earthquake without me.  And I only found out about it this morning.  I feel a little left out, L.A. A little hurt.  Last night, I talked to hubby around 8:30 his time.  I'm one hour ahead in Santa Fe.  Didn't I just spring forward a few weeks ago?  This seems unreasonably cruel to make me do it again.  Anyway: "Hi, honey. Do you miss me?" "Uh huh." "Are you watching basketball right now?"  "Uh huh." "Put Scotty on." "Hi, Ma." "Hi angel, how was your day?" "Fine." "Okay, sweetie, talk to you later." I'm so glad I called.

The pretty restaurant where I had
a big girl margarita.
This morning, I called and woke up hubby.  How selfish of me.  But I really don't know what time it is.  On my laptop right now, it's 6:38 a.m.  But on my iPhone, it's 7:38 a.m. Ring, ring. "Hemlmlmlo?" "Oh, sorry, honey, I woke you up." "That's okay." "I was worried about the earthquake."  "Yeah, we were watching TV and things started shaking.  It wasn't bad.  I don't think Scotty even felt it."  "But I'd just talked to you." "It happened right after." "Why didn't you call me?" "I didn't want to worry you."  Nice hubby.  He knows worry is my default mode.  See what I did there?  
Why don't I have a tree like this in my house?

No comments:

Post a Comment