Monday, March 31, 2014

The Witch Doctor, The Lion and the Wardrobe

How much is that witch doctor mask in the window?  How much? Never mind.
Sometimes I argue with inanimate objects.  Here I am, giving this lion a piece of my mind. He thinks I spent too much on my new wardrobe. Sheesh, Lion.  I only bought a scarf, a bracelet and some comfy shoes. Oh, and a really cool necklace. Stop with the guilt already.
Cathy, a Tall Catholic Gal (who wrote a wonderful blog about our day) finally got the SJG to go to church.  
"You're not going to get me to convert," I said, as she dragged me into this pretty cathedral.
After church, where I confessed all my sins and sent the poor priest running for the hills, I dragged Cathy to the Georgia O'Keefe Museum, where she's been many times before. But she didn't mind going...
... thanks to pretty desert scenes like this. And so today, I say goodbye to Santa Fe, and to Cathy, grateful for the great time we had and the work we actually got done, by some miracle, in between tourist-avoidance, shopping and drinking big girl margaritas. 
Today, I fly back to beautiful downtown Burbank, where, God willing. there won't be another earthquake the minute I step off the plane. 

2 comments:

  1. More for my benefit than yours, I also hope there won't be another earthquake! I'm sitting basically on top of the epicenter of the one we had Friday. Not fun. Not fun at all. Glad your family hardly felt it. It was a whole different ballgame over here in the OC. Broken glass and ceramics all over the house. One of my bedroom dressers toppled over. My cat still isn't comfortable coming out from under the bed. And, frankly, neither am I! The aftershocks are the worst. Day and night, they just keep coming. I'm nothing but a big ball of angst and anxiety. If you bring some of those Santa Fe margaritas back for me, I'll be much obliged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Cheryl! So sorry. Must be frazzled nerve time. Here's hoping this too shall pass. Keeping good thoughts of your behalf.

    ReplyDelete