Sunday, March 16, 2014

Isn't Nature Wonderful?

"She's sound asleep."  "Not for long."
Hello, and welcome to the wonderful world of sound.  Early-early morning sounds, in particular.  While the rest of Sherman Oaks sleeps, the SJG awakens, courtesy of the joyous tweet-tweet-tweets of the tweety birds outside the window.  I am so deeply honored, birdies, so thrilled you've selected me for this overly-amplified Ode to Spring.  But it's 3 a.m., silly birdies.  And it's the third morning you've warbled your adorably loud song at 3 a.m.  What are you trying to tell me, birdies? That the early bird catches the SJG? That nature is wonderful?  I get that.  I do. Helpful.  Thank you.  Now, if you don't mind, please fly away, birdies, fly far away and let me sleep.  I'm starting to take these wake-up calls personally.  And that's never a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment