Thursday, March 6, 2014

Who Will Buy?

"Please, sir, I want to buy this bowl.  Is it an antique?"
Who will buy
My father's old sofa?
Such a buy
You never did see!
Who will schelp
It out of the condo
And put it in a truck for me?

To sell it would give me such pleasure
The relief would be strong
The condo is full of such treasure
Worth more than this dumb song

Who will buy
This creaky old table?
I'm won't lie
I swear I could cry!
Me, oh my!
I'm ready to chuck it
So what am I to do
To make this stuff look new?

There must be someone who will buy...
Must be someone...
Must be someone...
Who will... buy?

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant parody. And I so relate. I didn't know what to do with my dad's condo full of treasures, either. (sigh) Kept as much as I could, of course.

    Keep your dad's name alive. Our fathers were in the Greatest Generation of TV writers. :-) -- Erica Simmons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erica! I'm so happy to hear from you! Hope you're well. We miss our daddies! It's painful.

    ReplyDelete