Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Lot Like Goldilocks

Run, Goldie, run!

The SJG is always looking for the right one -- the right shoes that don't hurt my feet, the right jeans that don't make my badonkadonk stop traffic. In this way, I'm a lot like Goldilocks, looking for the right chair, the right bowl of porridge, the right -- oh, you get the picture. This doesn't mean I break into houses like that little fairytale thief. I don't just walk right in and help myself to whatever is available. That, my friends, would be wrong. But finding the right anything takes time. Some might say the fun is in the search. These are Zen-like people I tend to avoid. The SJG begs to differ with this meditative approach to life (maybe because I've never mastered it). Let's face it. The fun is in the finding, which doesn't happen enough, in my humble opinion. Sometimes I just don't find the right fill-in-the-blank. I search for the shoes, the flattering jeans, and I go home with bupkis. What's fun about that? In these moments of disappointment, I realize that once again, I must rejigger my expectations. Sometimes there's no right anything. And sometimes it's better to settle for what fits okay, more or less... to accept this version of me right now. These days, the SJG doesn't need three bears for a teachable moment. I have only to step into a fitting room and I'm up-to-speed on yet another life lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment