Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The SJG In The Library With The Wi-Fi

Lawrence Public Library

It's been a while since the SJG has stepped foot in a library. When it comes to fact-finding, or a close approximation, I'm a digital diva, a Google gorger.  Lazy? How dare you. I'm hurt by that.  Aren't we judgy? Just calm down. On Tuesday, I changed my ways, mostly because Cathy Hamilton, my hostess with the mostess, my cohort in play-writing, said the Lawrence Public Library was the coolest, most ultra hip and modern place to hang out and work. "Prove it," I said. You know how I get when I've only had three cups of coffee. It takes till the fourth cup for me to behave in a semi-human fashion. Once inside the newly-renovated architectural wowzer, I became a believer. This particular library is a thing of beauty. I'm afraid this Lawrence library has spoiled me rotten, with its high-speed Wi-Fi, it's glass-encased study rooms, its sparkle-plenty environment. I'm inspired to finally build the SJG Library of Higher Kvetching. Fundraising begins the second I touch down on my home turf later today.
People who work in glass study rooms sparkle with brilliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment