Tuesday, October 7, 2014

All About That Base...

... 'bout that base, 'bout that baseball 

Last night, I called downstairs: "How are the Dodgers doing?"
Up came hubby's less-than-glowing response: "They aren't making good decisions."
Whereupon I started laughing and went to console him.
"Why are you laughing?" he asked. I could tell he was a little wounded by my cruelty. But I meant no harm. Once again, I had a deeper thought rolling around the SJG keppy.
"Honey, you just summed up the entire universal dilemma in one sentence."
"I did?"
"Imagine a world where people made good decisions all the time. There'd be no wars, no conflict of any kind. There'd be peace on earth, good will toward men. It would be an on-going Christmas card out there."
"Maybe. But it would make sports pretty dull to watch."
"Some of us already find it super dull. What's the diff?"
"If everyone made good decisions, there'd be nothing to get worked up about, and no one to root for."
"And my life would be so much quieter."

No comments:

Post a Comment